I Am Lakota

My photo
I'm Into Anything Airborne--If It Flies, I AM WATCHING!!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

5th Generation Russian Jets Have Engine Problems

As we limited our production of F22's to what we have now, the Russians are continuing their quest to build their version of a Gen 5 fighter. Luckily, teething problems in their engines have slowed their advance somewhat. Good, we need any break we can take... lakotahope

ZHUKOVSKY, August 20 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Air Force chief acknowledged on Thursday faults in engines for a fifth-generation fighter jet currently being developed.

The Advanced Front-Line Aviation Complex (PAK FA) plane is set to replace the Air Force's fourth-generation fighters, namely, the Su-27 Flanker and the MiG-29 Fulcrum.

Speaking at the MAKS air show outside Moscow, Alexander Zelin said: "For the time being the aircraft will use Saturn engines. There are problems, I admit, but research is continuing."

No comments: